April 30, 2013

Inchie Arts and Distress Paints


I’ve been itching to get my hands on the new Distress Paints and so once I finally did, I knew right away I wanted to use them with Inchie Arts Art Squares.  Because the Art Squares are sturdy matboard, they work great with very wet media, like paint.
IMG_0404
Here’s how I created this look.  I began by inking my Penny Black brushstroke stamps by dabbing the Distress Paint directly onto the stamp.  Then I simply stamped it onto a white ATC size Art Square.
IMG_0396
Once the paint was dry, I added Distress Ink in the colors of Antique Linen and Brushed Corduroy to the Art Square using an ink blending tool.
IMG_0397
Finally, I inked a background stamp with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink, removed some ink from the stamp by wiping it with a baby wipe randomly, and then stamped onto the Art Square.
IMG_0398
I created the notecard backgrounds using the Distress Paint as well.  I colored with the paints onto my craft mat and pressed watercolor paper onto the craft mat, swirling and patting the paper into the ink.  Once the paper was covered, I also sprayed the background with water using a mini mister so the colors blended even more.
IMG_0401
IMG_0400
IMG_0399
All Stamps by Penny Black (3939K Queen Anne’s Lace, 3365K Casual, 2670H Wings, 40-198 Every Happiness, 40-204 Fleur De Lys), Distress Paint Colors (Broken China, Salty Ocean, Chipped Sapphire, Peeled Paint, Mowed Lawn, Seedless Preserves, Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Barn Door, Fired Brick)
For more Inchie Arts inspiration, visit their BLOG and FACEBOOK PAGE.
Thanks for popping by!